Install Client on Windows
You have two options from which to install the PrinterLogic Client on a Windows device.
For the client to function correctly on Windows 7, you must be running Service Pack 1. Additionally, update KB4474419 must be installed. For more information, refer to your Microsoft Windows documentation.
Option 1: Install the Client with a Third-party Application
Run the PrinterInstallerClient.msi with the following command line parameters:
\\servershare\PrinterInstallerClient.msi /qn HOMEURL=http://Webstack_Home_URL_Here AUTHORIZATION_CODE=Auth_Code_Here
msiexec /i PrinterInstallerClient.msi /qn HOMEURL=http://Webstack_Home_URL_Here AUTHORIZATION_CODE=Auth_Code_Here
Ensure that if a cert is being used, the home URL you add contains HTTPS://
- PrinterInstallerClient.msi is in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\public\client\setup folder of your server.
- The Authorization Code can be created in the Admin Console under Tools > Authorized Devices. One code can be applied to any number of devices for authorization.
- The client installation package can be found in the Admin Console under Tools > Settings > Client.
- The /qn command runs the install silently.
- You can copy the PrinterInstallerClient.msi to a different distribution point.
- If installing on a multi-user environment such as Terminal Services or Citrix XenApp, you will need to configure the client for Remote Desktop Services mode. Configure for RDS Mode
Option 2: Install the Client with a Group Policy Object Software Package
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\public\client\setupfolder on the web server. In the folder is a config.ini that is used to specify the home directory of the Client, which knows what page to open to when users click Start > Programs > Printer Installer > Add Printer or the system tray icon. Only the home directory value is required. For example:Copy Code
Edit the config.ini file to reflect your webserver url, then placeCopy Code
and the config.ini fileCopy Code
in a distribution folder.
- Follow the steps in this article to set up the Group Policy Object Software Installation Package.
If you are using an anti-virus software, please add the list of folders to exclude from antivirus scans. For more information, see Antivirus Scan Folder Exclusion