- Download the PrinterLogic update.
- Run the PrinterLogic update.
- Click Advanced Installation.
Click Next to display the server configuration page.Option 1: PrinterLogic is hosted on the following IIS website
Option 2: PrinterLogic is hosted at the following location
In the Web-sites field, select the new website you created in the IIS Manager.
Optionally, if you would like to install the website into a subfolder, enter the name of the subfolder in the Sub-directory (optional) field.
This option is not recommended for use without assistance from PrinterLogic Product Support.
- Click Next.
In the Require Client Authorization section, configure the settings for establishing the communication between the PrinterLogic client and server by selecting one of the following:
Require client authorization code immediately — select this option when you want all new and existing PrinterLogic clients to require an authorization code to communicate with the PrinterLogic server. Those PrinterLogic clients already installed and authorized with a different code will continue to function as before.
This option requires you to update the PrinterLogic clients already installed on your workstation to 18.1 (or later) version.
- Require client authorization code after
<date>— select this option when you want to postpone any new or existing PrinterLogic clients from requiring a code for up to four weeks (though you can postpone for a shorter period). For example, if it's January 1, you can to postpone client authorization for up to Jan 28.
Never require an authorization code— select this option when you do not want any new or existing PrinterLogic clients installed on the workstations to require an authorization code.
Configure the settings in the Backup Options section by selecting from the following:
- Backup Location — the Backup Location field displays the default location to which the website files and / or database files will be stored. You can enter a different location, if desired.
- Backup Website Files — check this box if you would like the to save the PrinterLogic website files to the directory listed in the Backup Location field.
- Backup Database — check this box if you would like to save the PrinterLogic database files to the directory listed in the Backup Location field. For more details seeBackup.
- Configure the Client Upgrade settings by selecting from the following:
Enable automatic upgrade during the next client check-in or refresh — check this boxif you would like the PrinterLogic client installed on your workstations to upgrade when checking in with the PrinterLogic server or when clicking the Refresh button in the Windows taskbar on the workstation.
Update PrinterLogicClient on the web server immediately — check this box if you would like to immediately update the PrinterLogic client installed on the PrinterLogic server with the client version available with the selected Web Stack version.
- Click Install.
- When the update is complete, click Close.
- Update the PrinterLogic Client on the end-users' workstations. For more details seeClient Updates.